Rutherford Robertson, P.A. 704-792-1011
Take advantage of the experience of Rutherford Robertson, P.A. so that you can make informed decisions as you close one chapter of your life and enter into the next.

In order to legally change your name, or the name of your child, a petition must be filed with the court.  Rutherford Robertson, P.A. will ensure that your petition and other required documents are filed correctly.  

If you are 18 years old or older, you may change your name by providing an affidavit of good character and submitting your fingerprints to the court.

Parents can change the name of their child if they have the child’s birth certificate and both of the parents consent to the name change.  There are limited circumstances where a child’s name can be changed even though one of the parents refuses to provide his or her consent.

If you are interested in changing your name or the name of your child, please contact Rutherford Robertson, P.A. today to schedule your confidential consultation.  Please note that there are circumstances under which a name change is not permissible.  We will discuss these circumstances at your consultation.

Recent Publications

Children in Custody Disputes, Do's And Dont's
Sometimes when parents are divorcing or are in a custody dispute they tend to lose sight of the important things with regard to their children's rights and sensitivities.
[Read More...]

The Process For An Uncontested Divorce
To get a divorce after the requisite one year of separation, you must file a Complaint and Civil Summons with the court, generally in the county you reside.
[Read More...]

Get in Touch

  • Phone:
    Ph:704-792-1011 / Fax:704-792-0901
  • Request Info:
    Submit An Email
  • Address:
    30 Church St S,
    Concord, NC 28025